I finished my last day of summer work (completely!), this is my 100th post here, I have juuust about hit 100,000 pageviews, and tomorrow morning I will be in Texas with my husband to celebrate our very first anniversary (a few days late).
It's a happy, happy day!
I'm linking up with Tell Me More, Tell Me More- because I have loved these, and my 100th post seems like the perfect time for you to get to know me better!
1. I grew up in a town called Kokomo. Yes, like the Beach Boys song. Except it's in the midwest, and nowhere near a beach.
2. I'm kind of obsessed with football. In fact, my husband was just starting to get into football when we met, and read up on the Packers so he'd have something to talk to me about. This was our wedding cake. (So. Awesome.) The numbers on the yardlines were our wedding date!
3. I was born on the same night that Indiana University won their last mens' championship, to a family of huge IU fans. After being raised staunchly IU... I went to Purdue for college. I still can't quite hate the cream and crimson like most Boilermakers!
4. I have to have COLOR in my life! Right now, we are in a tan apartment with tan carpet and tan couch. This does not bother my husband a bit. It very much bothers me. Even my wedding ring has two sapphire stones!
6. In high school, I did well academically, was a total band nerd (french horn/ mellophone), big drama club geek, and even in a robotics club for a year. I wasn't "cool" at all- and I had a great high school experience.
7. I'm not really into shoes. I know, I know, most women and a lot of teachers are- but I don't really care about shoes other than to make sure they're comfortable. The one exception? I loved my wedding shoes- until the grass was wet and the dye started to bleed everywhere. But I had backups :)
8. I love Special K. During each school year, I try for awhile to bring in a box of Special K and a half gallon of milk for my lunches. It's cheaper than frozen meals, delicious, and good for me, too! Plus, I don't have to worry about forgetting my lunch :)
9. My extended family is talented, hilarious, and crazy in the best possible way. My mom is one of 5 kids, and when all the aunts, uncles, and cousins get together, it is always a good time. Case in point: at our wedding, we had a "photo booth"- and my extended family went and started putting on random things like fireman hats, goofy wigs, and fake mustaches before we even got to the first dance. Instead of waiting to get pictures taken, they just wore them during dinner. LOVE my family.
10. I love photography. Last year I got a DSLR, and it makes me so happy. This is one of my favorite photos I've taken- actually, from before I got my SLR!
12. I have always loved reading. Always. You can see me in the front & center of this one with a giant pink bow!
13. When I like a TV show, I tend to get really into it. The favorites I can watch over and over are Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother, Firefly, and 30 Rock.
14. I love nature and animals! I would love to do more traveling and spend more time outside.
11. I am apparently one of the few people out there
who doesn't have a smartphone yet. But my "dumbphone" works just fine-
especially for our budget! (And the one I have is a pretty blue!)
15. My husband sent me a video of him singing to me for our first anniversary, since we had to be apart. How adorable is that?
Alright- I'm off to finish packing! Woohoooo!
Thanks for following my blog! Link up here and let me learn more about you :)